July 13: Wyoming Rising–Northwest Open Meeting. 6:00 PM in the Grizzly Room at the Cody Library.
June 2: Wyoming Statewide Day of Action.
On June 2 concerned constituents across the state of Wyoming will gather to demand that our public officials be accountable to all constituents in the state. Community groups have created a Statewide Day of Action to highlight the fact that our US Congressional Delegation: Senator John Barrasso, Senator Mike Enzi, and Congressman Liz Cheney have not held any town hall meetings or other events open to the public since January. Our officials represent all of us, and ought to offer public forums while in the state during district work periods so all citizens have the chance to ask the delegation about their votes.
Here is a partial list of activities in concert with the June 2 Statewide Day of Action.
- Sheridan: June 2nd – planning to host at Universalist Fellowship, 1950 E. Brundage Ln, Sheridan WY.
- Cheyenne: June 2nd, 6-8pm – Public Forum at Kiwanis Community House, 4603 Lions Park Drive, Cheyenne WY.
Former KGWN Television news anchor Dave Lerner will moderate the session, where attendees will be encouraged to ask questions of and give feedback to their representatives. Those wishing to speak may register to do so beginning at 5:30 p.m. on June 2. The organizers especially hope to hear from unaffiliated and independent voters. Voter registration services will also be available at the meeting. Those wishing to register are asked to bring identification.
- Laramie: June 1, 5:30-8pm – Town Hall at Alice Hardie Stevens Center.
Potluck and music 5:30, Town Hall 6:30. Ryan Greene speaks at 8:00 pm.
- Jackson Hole: June 2nd, 6-8pm – Alternative Town Hall at Miller Park.
Open mic to speak to your representatives through music, comedy, poetry, or any creative art form. Join us for food and creative activism.
- Pinedale: June 5th, 6-7:30pm – Town Hall, Pinedale Library Lovett Room.
Hosted and moderated by citizens of Sublette County.