From a friend who just got off a healthcare coalition call with Sen. Schumer. His message:
1. Grassroots pressure will determine whether this Obamacare repeal bill passes.
2. They’re not seeing nearly the response there was to the House bill. That needs to change.
3. It’s make or break this week. It’s unlikely McConnell will drag this on past next week because he wants to move on to tax cuts. [Side Note: This is also a tax cut for health insurance companies and the rich, raising healthcare premiums on middle class, working class and poor people.] 4. The following Senators are wavering and need to be flooded with contacts. Even though Cruz, Lee and Paul have all come out against the bill it is still important to call and reinforce their votes.
1. Heller is the most important – NEVADA Phone: 202-224-6244
2. Collins – Maine Phone: (202) 224-2523
3. Murkowski – Alaska Phone: (202)-224-6665
4. Capito – West Virginia Phone: 202-224-6472
5. Cassidy – Louisiana Phone: (202) 224-5824
6. Flake – Arizona P: 202-224-4521
7. Gardner – Colorado Phone: (202) 224-5941
8. Portman – Ohio Phone: 202-224-3353
9. Cruz (yes, that Cruz – he’s facing a tough reelection battle) – Texas Phone: (202) 224-5922
10. Paul – Kentucky Phone: 202-224-4343
11. Lee – Utah Phone: 202-224-5444
12. Sasse – Nebraska Phone: 202-224-4224
Please reach out to people who live in these states and impress the urgency of this on them. Those phones need to ring off the hook starting today. They need to hear from you.