SEEKING VOLUNTEERS TO HELP PLAN FOR EARTH DAY EVENTS
With your help, we want to plan a March For Science at Cody City Park from 10am – noon on April 21st, EARTH DAY 2018 We also are seeking volunteers to help us host an exhibitor’s table at the BBCW during the afternoon. You can help us make it happen!
Planning the 2018 March for Science
In 2017, Earth Day coincided with the national March for Science. On that day, you made history. People around the earth gathered for the biggest event of science advocacy in history. Our Park County turnout was a delightful success. During the 2017 event, you shared your passion for Science and the Environment. Please help us make this year’s event even more successful.
This year, Wyoming Rising plans to align our activism with local Earth Day events at the BBCW on April 21. Let’s attract an even larger assembly at this year’s March in support of continued scientific investigation and understanding of our impact as biological beings on a living planet in a remarkable universe.
Ways to Volunteer
1) Wyoming Rising will join other exhibitors at The Buffalo Bill Center of the West with a table during their Earth Day festivities from Noon-4pm on April 21. BBCW requests that all tables present a regional, environmental focus. Do you have information that you want to present? Can you spend a fun afternoon helping out?
2) Please contact us if you would like to help plan a March For Science. We could use help with planning the rally, seeking speakers, or leading us in song from 10am-noon on April 21.
3) Wyoming Rising is seeking to energize an Environment Focus Committee with community members willing to devote one day a month to meet, gather information, and plan activities to keep our community informed and engaged throughout the year.
4) Write letters to the editor with a local Earth Day theme.
5) Donate to Wyoming Rising-Northwest to help us pay for this event and others like it in the year to come. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 339, Powell WY 82435
This year, the Saturday before Earth Day has been selected as the official date for 2018’s national March for Science. If you aren’t in Park County on April 14, consider taking part in an official March for Science gathering near. Check out marchforscience.com “Science Marches On,” for details.
Sign Up !
Please contact Mary Keller or Renee Tafoya at firstname.lastname@example.org. We should begin organizing the March and brainstorming speakers and activities ASAP. Be prepared to meet once a week until Earth Day.