Mark your calendar for April 27, when we gather to celebrate Earth Day (officially April 22) and to call for science-based solutions to the challenges of climate change.
SCHEDULE of EVENTS
11:00: Gather in Cody City Park and march through downtown Cody, returning to the Park. Please arrive early to find parking and gather together for instructions. Bring your signs!
12:00: Move to the Center of the West to enjoy their free Earth Day activities and to hear the presentations by local conservationists and scientists in the Coe Auditorium.
Speakers will include:
- Grant Bulltail, “Earth Day from the Apsáalooke (Crow) Perspective”
- Geoff Baumann, “Thinking Like a Geologist”
- Dr. Mary L. Keller, “Greta Thunberg and Our Children’s Trust: Two Youth Leadership Models for Earth Day ”
- Prof. Larry Todd, “People of the Earth”
- Marshall Dominick, “Conservation in Cody: past present and future”
- Ronn Smith, “The Vital Connection between Scientists and Earth Day”
We need your help to make the 2019 March for Science and Earth Day activities the best yet!
- Volunteers—including crossing guards and a cleanup crew–are needed to help at the march. We also need a bullhorn. Contact march organizers Mary Keller or Renee Tafoya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign making! Get creative with your fellow marchers at Stone Soup Studios (2302 E Sheridan Ave., Cody) on April 25th from 4:30-6:00. Art supplies and poster boards provided. Kids are welcome!
- Write letters to the editor with a local Earth Day theme.
- Contribute a guest editorial to the Wyoming Rising website on a science topic. Submission Guidelines
- Donate to Wyoming Rising-Northwest to help us pay for this event and others like it in the year to come. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 339, Powell WY 82435
Get involved locally. Continue to advocate for science and justice by supporting the people-powered international March for Science movement. Travelling? Events are taking place around the world on May 4, 2019.