Hopefully you have seen that Shoshone National Forest has released its Travel Management Plan Environmental Assessment.
The Shoshone National Forest began the Travel Management planning process in June 2015. This process will designate a sustainable system of roads, trails, and areas that are open for motor vehicle use with public involvement. Here is the link to all the resources including maps and documents: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/shoshone/home/?cid=stelprd3846526
Comments are due, Thursday, November 18th.
For those of you interested in seasonal closures to ensure minimal disturbance for big game wintering and parturition areas or to preserve the longevity of the road bed to your favorite trailhead, you should participate in this planning process.
Next week the forest is hosting virtual public meetings:
- Clarks Fork, Greybull, and Wapiti Ranger districts – November 2nd at 6:00 pm
- Click here to join the Clarks Fork, Greybull, Wapiti Ranger districts meeting, or
- Join by conference call line: 202-650-0123, access code – 593245029#
- Wind River Ranger District – November 3rd at 6:00 pm
- Click here to join the Wind River Ranger District meeting, or
- Join by conference call line: 202-650-0123, access code – 322688696#
- Washakie Ranger District – November 4th at 6:00 pm
- Click here to join the Washakie Ranger District meeting, or
- Join by conference call line: 202-650-0123, access code – 401165192#
It is valuable for the Forest to receive unique comments that offer your individual story and perspective on what and why you support, oppose, or offer different outcomes. Alternative 4 is the preferred alternative while Alternative 1 is the current structure. If you desire to see the maps in large scale, I have them hanging outside my office in the hallway for you to view at your leisure. Please come into the office for questions. 1285 Sheridan Avenue, suite 220, Cody. Call me to set up a time over the next couple of weekends.
Wyoming Conservation Coordinator
Greater Yellowstone Coalition
1285 Sheridan Avenue, Suite 220, Cody
307.527.6233 office | 307.202.2992 mobile