Wyoming Rising is a non-partisan, non-profit, volunteer organization in northwest Wyoming. We are not affiliated with any national organization and we do not endorse or finance candidates for political office. We advocate for civil liberties, quality public education, affordable health care, protection of the environment, and participation in government.
Whatever impact we may have on public policy, these causes are worth pursuing if only to inform our neighbors, inspire our supporters, and preserve our community’s integrity. The Wyoming Rising leadership team welcomes your involvement. You may choose to pay membership dues, make a cash or in-kind donation, serve on an organizing committee, attend Wyoming Rising meetings and events, follow our online communications, or engage in a combination of these. Regardless of your preferred role, we need and appreciate your help!
During the past year (2019) Wyoming Rising has organized and sponsored a variety of events:
- Discussion to inform members of various candidates for public office in the 2018 election, including presentations by a few of these candidates
- Women and Allies march to celebrate the 150th anniversary of women’s suffrage in Wyoming, with many excellent speakers
- Forum on the essential role of international workers in Park County, with compelling testimonials by representatives of the hospitality and agricultural industries
- March for Science and Earth Day celebration, with speakers representing a variety of scientific and activist points of view
- Community conversations for members and guests, addressing topics such as anger in an era when basic norms are threatened, truth in an era when fake news pervades the media, and why good people are so divided by politics and religion
- Presentation by renowned photojournalist and American Muslim Robert Azzi, giving a well-informed and impassioned voice to the marginalized or forgotten people in American history
Become a Member of Wyoming Rising.
Membership in Wyoming Rising is supports community events such as the In Search of Civility Forum we sponsored in 2017, the Community Healthcare Forum we organized in 2018. We recently began organizing monthly community conversations on a variety of topics. Our annual events include the Women & Allies March in January and the March for Science celebrating Earth Day. Check out a recap of 2018 activities HERE.
Memberships are $60 annually ($100 for a couple) and at this point, until we figure out how to accept online payments, we prefer you send a check to our mailing address along with your full name, address, phone, and email address. Membership dues, contributions and gifts to Wyoming Rising–Northwest are not tax deductible. Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 339
Powell Wyoming 82435
Subscribe to our mailing list.
You will receive our monthly newsletter in your email, along with notices about community actions and events taking place in northwest Wyoming. You don’t need to be a member to subscribe.