Informational Meeting to stop the proposed ICE prison in Evanston
July 11 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
ACLU of Wyoming and #WyoSayNo campaign to host summer events to help stop the proposed Uinta County immigration prison
As one the country’s largest for-profit private prison companies plans to build an immigration prison in Uinta County, a grassroots coalition is fighting back. Organizing under the banner of #WyoSayNo, the coalition, led by the American Civil Liberties of Wyoming and Juntos, is launching a series of summer events designed to build community support across the state and around the region to stop the prison’s construction in Uinta County.
The following community events are scheduled throughout the state:
- June 24 at the Wyoming Food for Thought Project, 900 Saint John St., Casper. 4 to 6 p.m.
- July 1 at St Joseph’s Catholic Church, 603 House Ave., Cheyenne. Noon to 2 p.m.
- July 11 at Gestalt Coffee Shop and Art Gallery, 440 W. Park St., Powell. 5 to 7 p.m.
- July 28 at the Lincoln Community Center, 365 W. Grand Ave., Laramie. 5 to 7 p.m.
- Aug. 12 at Dalbey Park, 900 Edwards St., Gillette. 4 to 7 p.m.
- Aug. 18 at Hamblin Park, Shelter 3, 176 Bear River Drive, Evanston. 5 to 7 p.m.