WYOMING RISING: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Wyoming Rising is a non-partisan, non-profit organization in Park County that formed in 2016 to give a progressive voice to Wyoming citizens. We advocate for civil liberties, quality public education, affordable health care, protection of the environment, and participation in government. We are seeking a Communications Coordinator to manage our website, mailing list, and public Facebook page. This is a part-time paid position@ $300 month from September thru May. The workload is approximately 20 hrs. a month. The Leadership Team meets monthly by Zoom or in person for approximately one hour with attendance expected.
Wyoming Rising uses several different platforms for communications: Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook and Leadership Team email accounts. Posts/information is often replicated between the platforms.
- Mailchimp: Email Marketing Platform
Create and send one newsletter and one to two action alerts a month to our subscribers. Create and send notices of member-only events, such as the monthly meeting, to the “Members Only” list. Work with membership coordinator to keep subscriber and member information current.
- WordPress: Website Host www.wyomingrising.org
Create at least one website post per week. Posts are information from the newsletter, expanded background information for action alerts, guest editorials, and other selected information relevant to mission of WR. Maintain the listings of state and national legislators.
- Public Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/wyomingrising/
Administer the public Facebook page which is automatically populated by website posts. Create Facebook events.
- Email Accounts:
Manage the three WR email accounts: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- An interest in journalism, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience using social media.
- Able to create original content for our newsletter and website, some content may be repackaged from other groups such as Better Wyoming and Wyoming Outdoor Council.
- Experience with WordPress and MailChimp is preferred. If someone is interested in learning these programs this is a great opportunity. Training will be provided to get you up and running.
- Graphic design skills are desired but not essential.
- The candidate must be sympathetic to the mission of Wyoming Rising and enthusiastic about providing a progressive voice to Wyoming citizens.
to apply, please send a resume to Renée at firstname.lastname@example.org