Introducing Our Team
Wyoming Rising is an all volunteer organization. Our Leadership Team consists of officers and advisors, elected by members, each serving for a term of two years. The Leadership Team provides oversight to ensure the implementation of mission‐based programs that are consistent with WR’s goals and objectives.
Our 2020-2021 Leadership Team:
- Ronn Smith, Co-Chair
- Mary Keller, Co-Chair
- Deepthi Amarasuriya, Membership
- Karen Hertel, Media & Communications
- Edie Phillips, Secretary
- Ann Pasek, Treasurer
- Laurie Laursen, Programs
- Mary Ellen Ibarra-Robinson, advisor
- Renée Tafoya, advisor
- Linda Payne, advisor
- Peggy Rohrbach, advisor
- Lynn Horton Morrison, advisor
Our Mission and Purpose
Mission: Wyoming Rising advocates for civil liberties, quality public education, affordable health care, protection of the environment, and participation in government.
Purpose: Wyoming Rising is a non‐partisan, non-profit corporation whose purpose is working toward better governance. In keeping with this purpose, Wyoming Rising serves as an information and dissemination center for issues of concern to our members. We strive to:
- inspire individual and collective action in support of democratic ideals and principles
- advocate for community involvement in local, state, and national issues
- promote civility in politics
- promote equity, education, and good governance.
In addition to this website, we share information about our activities on our Facebook page and our e-Newsletter. If you aren’t getting our monthly e-Newsletter, please subscribe here: https://tinyurl.com/yystcdd9
Also PLEASE consider volunteering.