Introducing Our Team
Wyoming Rising is an all volunteer organization. Our Leadership Team consists of officers elected by members, each serving for a term of two years. The team also includes advisors appointed from our membership. The Leadership Team plans events and messages that are consistent with WR’s goals and objectives.
Our 2021-2022 Leadership Team:
- Mary Keller, Chair
- Laurie Larsen, Vice-Chair
- Deepthi Amarasuriya, Membership
- Linda Suddeth, Secretary
- Ann Pasek, Treasurer
- Renée Tafoya, Communications
- Ronn Smith, advisor
- Mary Ellen Ibarra-Robinson, advisor
- Peggy Rohrbach, advisor
- Phyllis Roseberry, advisor
- Ysaac Amarillas, advisor
Our Mission and Purpose
Mission: Wyoming Rising advocates for civil liberties, quality public education, affordable health care, protection of the environment, and participation in government.
Purpose: Wyoming Rising is a non‐partisan, non-profit corporation whose purpose is working toward better governance. In keeping with this purpose, Wyoming Rising serves as an information and dissemination center for issues of concern to our members. We strive to:
- inspire individual and collective action in support of democratic ideals and principles
- advocate for community involvement in local, state, and national issues
- promote civility in politics
- promote equity, education, and good governance.
In addition to this website, we share information about our activities on our Facebook page and our e-Newsletter. If you aren’t getting our monthly e-Newsletter, please subscribe here: https://tinyurl.com/yystcdd9
Also PLEASE consider volunteering.