Democracy: Use It or Lose It
PLEASE participate in our Democracy! Comment on bills, write/call your legislators. Check out our Guide to the Wyoming Legislative Budget Session for ways to be an active citizen. Use it or lose it.
Bills we are opposed to:
SENATE FILE NO. SF0097 – Change in party affiliation. Would make it more difficult to change party affiliation in order to vote in the Primary. We oppose this because, in Wyoming, there are so few choices on non-partisan or Democrat ballots. It would make it harder for people to participate in choosing their County Commissioners and other local elected officials.
House JOINT RESOLUTION NO. HJ0002 – Calling for a convention of States for the purpose of amending the U.S. Constitution. UPDATE: THIS BILL FAILED TO PASS ON 2/16/22.
Bills we support:
HOUSE BILL NO. HB0068 – Broadband and telehealth access projects. An act relating to the support of broadband internet and telehealth access; appropriating federal funds for broadband access projects and telehealth access projects as specified;
Senate Receptionist: 307.777.7711 (messages for Senators)
House Receptionist: 307.777.7852 (messages for Representatives)
Telephone Hotline: 866.996.8683. Use to recommend a vote for/against pending legislation or to obtain the status of a bill in process. Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on days the Legislature is in session.
Submit Online Form:
Online Hotline: During the legislative session, you can recommend support, opposition or leave a comment on legislation using the Online Hotline.
Make a big impact by giving public comment. Wyoming residents can testify during a committee meeting. In order to testify via Zoom, you need to sign up:
- Go to the online calendar (check back often for updates or sign up for email notices)
- Find the meeting with the bill you’re interested in, click “testify” and fill out the form
- You’ll receive an email with login information for the Zoom meeting During the public comment segment of the meeting you’ll have a chance to speak
Northwest Wyoming Legislators
- Senator Kost (S19): J.Kost@wyoleg.gov
- Senator French (S18): Tim.French@wyoleg.gov
- Senator Cooper (S20): Ed.Cooper@wyoleg.gov
- Rep Flitner (H26): Flitner@wyoleg.gov
- Rep Rachel Rodriguez-Williams (H50): Rachel.Rodriguez.Williams@wyoleg.gov
- Rep Winter (H28): Winter@wyoleg.gov
- Rep Laursen (H25): Laursen@wyoleg.gov
- Rep Newsome (H24): Newsome@wyoleg.gov
- Rep Greear (H27) Mike.Greear@ wyoleg.gov